You can download the superhero take home coloring page below:
- He Saves the Day by Marsha Hayles
- Superhero ABC by Adam Rubin
- The Astonishing Secret of Awesome Man by Michael Chabon
- Superhero School by Thierry Robberecht
- Eliot Jones, Midnight Superhero by Anne Cottringer
- Traction Man is Here! by Mini Grey
- Superhero Song by Milkshake Kids
- What I Am Song by Will.i.am (video from Sesame Street)
- Batman & Spiderman mindfulness activities for kids
We will be working on pushing limits and being brave this week. Older swimmers will focus on endurance, and younger students will learn to swim longer distances independently. There will definitely be super hero games involved :).
Climbers will learn to climb higher by utilizing the breath. We'll learn how to tie in on top rope and talk about the belayer's very important job.
I am strong. I am brave. I am focused. I am a superhero.
We'll use positive affirmations to help us tackle scary times and tough spots.
4/12-4/25/15: Breaststroke, Sun Salutations, and Figure 8's
Swimmers will be focusing on breaststroke and underwater swimming. Classes will look very different for a 2 yr old and an 8 yr old, but everyone will learn age/level appropriate skills.
Climbers will learn to tie figure 8 knots and do lots of toprope climbing! We will incorporate knot tying into all of our climbing games.
Yogis will salute the sun, and short routines they can practice at home in the mornings. On week 2, kids will take home a sticker chart to practice their sun salutations every morning.
What is a Jelly?
A Jelly is the focus or theme of a class. Each Jelly lasts for 2-4 weeks and spans across the disciplines.
Figure 8 Knot
Pete The Cat
Pull (Swimming Arms)
Sun Salutation A